The autumn rain is upon us, but there's no shortage of activities to do on a rainy day in Vacaville. Check out our top 11 suggestions:
1. Discover hidden treasures at The Rock Shop, the largest rock & mineral store in the west!
Consolidated Rock & Mineral
5115 Quinn Road, Vacaville
2. Take a walk through the Vacaville Art Gallery and get inspired by local artists.
Vacaville Art League & Gallery
718 E. Monte Vista Avenue, Vacaville
3. Take the kids to open skating at Vacaville Ice Sports.
Vacaville Ice Sports
551 Davis Street, Vacaville
4. Paint a mug or plate at Bella Terra in downtown Vacaville.
Photo via Bella Terra Facebook
318 B Main Street, Vacaville
5. Let the kids burn off some energy and bounce off the walls at Rockin' Jump!
828 Alamo Drive, Vacaville
6. Explore, play, and learn at Vacaville's Imagine That!
848B Alamo Drive, Vacaville
7. Grab a buddy, head to Journey Coffee Co and treat yourself to a lavender latte.
Photo via Instagram @journeycoffeeco
Journey Coffee Co
896 Alamo Drive, Vacaville
8. Taste wines at Vezer Family Vineyard in Suisun Valley, where tastings are free on rainy days!
Photo via Instagram @vezerfamilywines
Vezer Blue Victorian
5071 Suisun Valley Road, Fairfield
9. Go to the Jimmy Doolittle Center and check out the historic planes while learning about awesome aviation history.
Jimmy Doolittle Center
300 County Airport Road, Vacaville
10. Trade in your old books and find a new story to immerse yourself in at Bounty Books, Vacaville’s used book store.
Photo via Instagram @lupeoples039
857 Merchant Street, Vacaville
"Pleasant is a rainy winter's day, within doors! The best study for such a day, or the best amusement,—call it which you will,—is a book of travels, describing scenes the most unlike that sombre one" — Nathaniel Hawthorne (Twice-Told Tales)
Have more rainy day ideas? Share them with us! In the meantime, enjoy the rain friends!