17 Unexpectedly Awesome Things to Do in Vacaville, California
Because Vacaville is so much more than just shopping!
Updated August 2019
Everyone knows Vacaville has great shopping. We love to shop just as much as the next person, but sometimes you want to get off the beaten path a bit and do something new and extraordinary. With that in mind, we rounded up a list of our favorite things to do around town.
HERE ARE 17 UNEXPECTEDLY AWESOME WAYS TO SPEND TIME WHEN YOU VISIT!
- Call ahead and take a “behind the scenes” tour of Fenton’s Creamery, a Bay area institution. Then chow down on one of their giant, custom creations in flavors like Toasted Almond and Banana Nut Black Walnut
- Take a pilot training lesson (or a sightseeing tour!) with Wings Flight School out at Nut Tree airport to get a birds eye view of the city and beyond.
- Stroll out to Jack Hume Grove and enjoy a shady tree canopy of beautiful redwood trees located on the Butcher Road bike trail.
- Plan a trip to Imagine That! A hands-on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) museum for little learners.
- Head over to Stars Recreation Center for a midnight bowling session- they are open 24/7!
- Do something out of this world and check out Outer Limits Virtual Reality for a selection of VR games, plus a “Memory Lane” area where you can indulge in classic gaming on Atari, N64, Game Cube, and more!
- Put a fun twist on your grocery shopping with Nugget Market wine tastings on select Fridays from 5-7pm. (check their calendar to find upcoming wine tasting dates at the Vacaville location)
- Go to Merchant & Main for one of Vacaville’s best happy hours. Every day from 3:30-6:30 pm, enjoy drink and food specials in the heart of Historic Downtown.
- Head out to Midway Paintball and get in on a little sloshy paintball action.
- Sign up for a gourmet cooking class from a master chef at Il Fiorello Olive Oil Company. Visit their website to check it out and reserve a spot.
- Avoid the tourist crowds in Napa and head out to the Suisun Valley Wine Country to try delightful local wines and soak up some gorgeous scenery.
- Hike to the top of the hill trail at Peña Adobe for spectacular views (and a pretty decent workout). Bonus points if you reach the tree swing!
- Stop by the Vacaville Museum and pick up a walking tour map (or get the condensed version of it in the Visit Vacaville Inspiration Guide), then take a stroll down Buck Avenue in downtown Vacaville to see the Buck Mansion and other historic homes.
- Bring your furry friends to Yappy Hour at Brass Tap for discounted drinks and cozy patio time. Be sure to ask for their doggy menu.
- Go play a round of disc golf at Lagoon Valley Regional Park.
- Take a drive out to Morningsun Herb Farm on Pleasants Valley Road and pick up a few herbs or seeds you can grow in your own yard. Don’t forget to say hello to the miniature donkeys while you’re there!
- Go to Backdoor Bistro for a farm-to-fork lunch made with all local produce and meats, complete with carefully chosen wine pairings.
Tell us about your adventures in Vacaville using #ilovevacaville and you may be featured in one of our galleries!
About the Author
Send An Email