Everyone knows Vacaville has great shopping. We love to shop just as much as the next person, but sometimes you want to get off the beaten path a bit and do something unexpected. With that in mind, we've rounded up a list of our favorite things to do around town. You could pick your favorite, or put a few together for a full day of adventure. So grab a friend, grab the kids, or just head out to explore and enjoy some me time!
- Call ahead and take a “behind the scenes” tour of Fenton’s Creamery, a Bay area institution.
- Take a helicopter training lesson with Wings Flight School out at Nut Tree airport.
- Stroll out to Jack Hume Grove, a beautiful stand of redwood trees located on the Butcher Bike Trail.
- Plan a spring excursion to Pleasants Valley Iris Farm in April-May to take in the beautiful blooms.
- Head over to Stars for a midnight bowling session- they are open 24/7!
- Do something out of this world and check out Outer Limit's Virtual Reality!
- Put a fun twist on your grocery shopping with Nugget Market wine & cheese tastings on Fridays from 5-7pm.
- Go to Merchant & Main for one of Vacaville’s best happy hours. Everyday from 3:30-6:30 pm, enjoy half-priced apps, $3 draft beers, house wines, and well mixers.
- Take flight in a legendary B-25 Mitchell Bomber for an unforgettable, once in a lifetime experience. For group or private flights contact B25@doolittlecenter.org.
- Sign up for a gourmet cooking class from a master chef at Il Fiorello Olive Oil Company. Visit their website to check it out and reserve a spot.
- Avoid the tourist crowds in Napa and head out to the Suisun Valley Wine Coop to try delightful local wines and soak up some gorgeous scenery.
- Hike to the top of the hill trail at Pena Adobe for spectacular views (and a pretty decent workout). Bonus points if you can find the tire swing!
- Stop by the Vacaville Museum and pick up a walking tour map, then take a stroll down Buck Avenue in downtown Vacaville to see Buck Mansion and other historic homes.
- Bring your furry friends to Yappy Hour at Brass Tap and receive a special offer! Be sure to ask for their doggy menu.
- Go play a round of disc golf at Lagoon Valley.
- Grab a friend and paint a plate at Bella Terra Ceramic Studio downtown.
- Go to Backdoor Bistro for a farm-to-fork lunch made with all local produce and meats, complete with carefully chosen wine pairings.