Updated August 2019
Everyone knows Vacaville has great shopping. We love to shop just as much as the next person, but sometimes you want to get off the beaten path a bit and do something new and extraordinary. With that in mind, we rounded up a list of our favorite things to do around town.
Here are 17 unexpectedly awesome ways to spend time when you visit!
- Call ahead and take a “behind the scenes” tour of Fenton’s Creamery, a Bay area institution. Then chow down on one of their giant, custom creations in flavors like Toasted Almond and Banana Nut Black Walnut
- Take a pilot training lesson (or a sightseeing tour!) with Wings Flight School out at Nut Tree airport to get a birds eye view of the city and beyond.
- Stroll out to Jack Hume Grove and enjoy a shady tree canopy of beautiful redwood trees located on the Butcher Road bike trail.
- Plan a trip to Imagine That! A hands-on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) museum for little learners.
- Head over to Stars Recreation Center for a midnight bowling session- they are open 24/7!
- Do something out of this world and check out Outer Limits Virtual Reality for a selection of VR games, plus a “Memory Lane” area where you can indulge in classic gaming on Atari, N64, Game Cube, and more!
- Put a fun twist on your grocery shopping with Nugget Market wine tastings on select Fridays from 5-7pm. (check their calendar to find upcoming wine tasting dates at the Vacaville location)
- Go to Merchant & Main for one of Vacaville’s best happy hours. Every day from 3:30-6:30 pm, enjoy drink and food specials in the heart of Historic Downtown.
- Head out to Midway Paintball and get in on a little sloshy paintball action.
- Sign up for a gourmet cooking class from a master chef at Il Fiorello Olive Oil Company. Visit their website to check it out and reserve a spot.
- Avoid the tourist crowds in Napa and head out to the Suisun Valley Wine Country to try delightful local wines and soak up some gorgeous scenery.
- Hike to the top of the hill trail at Peña Adobe for spectacular views (and a pretty decent workout). Bonus points if you reach the tree swing!
- Stop by the Vacaville Museum and pick up a walking tour map (or get the condensed version of it in the Visit Vacaville Inspiration Guide), then take a stroll down Buck Avenue in downtown Vacaville to see the Buck Mansion and other historic homes.
- Bring your furry friends to Yappy Hour at Brass Tap for discounted drinks and cozy patio time. Be sure to ask for their doggy menu.
- Go play a round of disc golf at Lagoon Valley Regional Park.
- Take a drive out to Morningsun Herb Farm on Pleasants Valley Road and pick up a few herbs or seeds you can grow in your own yard. Don’t forget to say hello to the miniature donkeys while you’re there!
- Go to Backdoor Bistro for a farm-to-fork lunch made with all local produce and meats, complete with carefully chosen wine pairings.
Tell us about your adventures in Vacaville using #ilovevacaville and you may be featured in one of our galleries!