So, it's almost the weekend and you are looking for something to do. Problem is, most things cost money, right? Not true!...
See how many fun ways to beat the heat and explore Vacaville you can check off the list!
Updated June 2022
Click here to download the printable pdf
From outdoor recreation to family-friendly activities, you can splash, eat, learn, and explore your way across town using this easy guide to find all the best places for summer fun!
1. Discover a fun way to see and explore Vacaville on the free Arts Trail.
2. Enjoy special offers & specialty tacos from participating restaurants throughout Vacaville and have a chance to win some great prizes on the free Taco Trail.
3. Dance until dark at a Friday night CreekWalk concert.
4. Play a round of disc golf at Lagoon Valley.
5. Try your skills fly fishing at Lake Solano Park.
6. Jump for joy at Rockin' Jump, Vacaville's indoor trampoline park.
7. Go treasure hunting at the Vacaville Vintage Market, held every third Saturday.
8. Grab a buddy and see if you can tackle the sundae creation of the month at Fenton's Creamery.
9. Pack a picnic and spend the afternoon playing in Alamo Creek Park.
10. Cool off on the water slides at the Graham Aquatic Center.
11. Visit the Vacaville Farmer's Market on Saturday morning and prepare a farm-to-table lunch with your findings.
12. Splash around in a water wonderland at Magnolia Park!
13. Head Downtown and grab a pint at Beer 40, Vacaville’s first outdoor beer garden.
15. Paint and create your own ceramic masterpiece at Bella Terra Ceramic Studio.
16. See how quickly you can loop the lagoon or hike the tower trail at Lagoon Valley Park.
17. Find the ever-elusive tire swing atop the trails in the Browns Valley Open Space hills.
19. Grab a friend and climb the Nut Tree Boulders.
20. Strengthen your skills and test your limits at Lagoon Valley Adventure Camp.
21. Discover hidden gems at the Rock Shop, the 2nd largest rock and mineral store in the west!
22. Go play Bocce Ball at Backroad Vines in Suisun Valley.
23. Stroll through the Vacaville Art Gallery, featuring art by over 140 local and regional artists.
24. Visit Morningsun Herb Farm and pick up some native plants for your garden.
25. Spend a day at ‘California’s Legendary Road Stop’ and ride the famous Nut Tree Railroad.
26. Spend a day volunteering at the SPCA or Lucky Ones Ranch.
27. Walk the Historic Home Tour on Buck Avenue (get a copy at Vacaville Museum or in our Inspiration Guide!)
28. Enjoy family-friendly movies every Wednesday at 10am, as well as, music performances and other community events throughout the summer at Journey Downtown.
29. See a variety of live entertainment including comedy shows, dance, concerts, and more at the Vacaville Performing Arts Theatre.
30. Treat yourself to a spa day in the Vacaville countryside at 36 Oaks.
31. Relax in a luxury recliner and even indulge in a glass of beer or wine while watching a summer blockbuster movie at Brenden Theaters.
32. Challenge a group of friends to a paintball match at Midway Paintball.
33. Check out the historic planes and learn about the history of aviation at the Rowland Freedom Center.
34. Play a game of Hide-and-Seek at Great Wonders playground in Andrews Park.
36. Cool off with an ice skating session at Vacaville Ice Sports.
37. Learn about the early settlers of Solano County at the Peña Adobe Open House on the first Saturday of each month.
38. Explore local history at the Vacaville Museum.
39. Pick up some farm fresh provisions at Soul Food Farm.
40. Stroll around Town Square and check out some cool rides at Cars, Bikes, and Coffee. Happening every third Sunday morning.
41. Check out the classic cars and grab an ice cream cone at a Foster’s Freeze Cruise Night.
42. Play cornhole every Friday night at Solano Brewing Company. This local craft brewery is pet and family friendly, too.
43. Exercise with family, watch games with friends, or have a fun picnic at Al Patch Park, which features three lighted softball fields, football fields, an all-purpose track, soccer field, running track, concession stands, and picnic areas.
44. See various forms of wildlife on the 4.6 mile point-to-point, shaded Alamo Creek Bike Trail that winds its way across town.
45. Test your wits and skills at Beat the Room, a fun escape room experience for 2-8 players.
46. Learn through play with Imagine That! Dedicated to hands-on exploration, Imagine That offers summer camps, classes, and daily events for children in robotics, science, art, social studies and much more!
47. Take your game to the next level at The Baseball Barn, featuring indoor batting cages and pitching practice areas.
48. Get inspired at Joyful Art Studio, a studio offering arts and crafts classes for both children and adults.
49. Watch movies under the stars at different farms, ranches & wineries at Ag and Art Summer Movie Nights.
50. Relax and enjoy Happy Hour in the Mäksē Whiskey Garden! Open everyday (except Tuesday) 4pm-6pm or check out a Dueling Pianos Show Friday and Saturday 8-12am!
Tell us about your adventures using #summerinvaca and #ilovevacaville and you may be featured on our site!
About the Author
Send An Email